Saturday, June 18, 2011

God Is In Control - No Matter What!!

It's been some time now since I have had the time to stop long enough and compose my thoughts to post for your collective consideration, but today is a special day.  Today is special because I am very much thankful for God's continued favor that he has shown towards my wife.  Today Yolanda's glorious journey truely begains.  Today, 6/17/11 at 1:55pm, God called Yolanda home to be in his presence and to walk among the angels.  Today, Yolanda no longer has to suffer.  Today, I am so happy that Yolanda has been released from the trials and burdens placed upon her body.  To God be all the glory! God is, and has always been, in control. 

Yolanda and I have known since the very beginning that this cancer was not for her but it was a cross placed upon her so that God would receive all of the glory in the end.  Yolanda showed all of us how we can remain strong in our faith, be prayerful and give God all the praise and glory NO MATTER WHAT is going on in our lives.  She held her head up high and was a fighter until the very end.  God knew that Yolanda would be the type of fighter that would life him up NO MATTER WHAT was happening inside of her body.  To God be the glory.  Yolanda I will miss you so very much that I don't have the words to express.  You are now in a much better place free from the aches and pains of your failing body.  I have loved you and will continue to do so until I draw my last breath.  Thank you for your wonderful gifts - Kendra & Jasmine.  We will miss you.  See you one day baby!

*************************
To everyone.  I will make a final couple of postings to catch you up on her journey from her last post up to 6/17/11.

4 comments:

  1. It broke my heart when I received the text message from someone at the bank letting me know that Yolanda had passed away. I just stopped what I was doing and cried and said a prayer for you and the girls. I will continue to pray for you, Kendra, and Jasmine that God will be your strength and comfort during this journey you face in life now without your sweet wife.

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I was deeply saddened when I learned through the Jack and Jill communications that Yolanda had left us, I had to stop and thank God for the both of you. During this entire journey, you and Yolanda have shown the rest of us what it means to hold to God's unchanging hand and to lean on Him no matter what challenges we face. Yolanda raised the bar - reminding the rest of us who God is. She will never be forgotten! My prayers will continue to be with you and the girls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss you so much Yolanda thank you for letting us follow you in your journey even if there was a sad ending. I had never seen such a strong person like you after all you were going through. My prayers go out to your family in this hard time which only God came give us comfort. You will never be forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,

    I came across the information about this foundation via my job at MHMRA. After reading your story I realize this was not by mistake. The loss of your wife hits so close to home that I'm fighting back tears as I type. My mother passed away about a year and a half ago and it rocked my world. She too was diagnosed with Triple negative cancer at the young age of 49 and I was right there with her through it all. I watched as my mother went from doctor to doctor searching for answers all the while holding to her faith and believing God through the entire journey until the very end. I praise God that he allowed me to truly trust and lean on him although it hurt so bad. With this being so recent I felt I could never see myself participating in any breast cancer awareness of any sort. With the recent craze of everyone trying to create a foundation for something; I wanted to make sure that I connected myself to one that I believed in. Well by the grace of God I think I found it! I thank you for sharing your story and deciding to carry on your wife's legacy by not only remembering her but also by being a blessing to others through her foundation.

    Peace and Blessings to you and your family,

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete