Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The latest

HALLELUJAH!!!!!

I am going home today. I made a pact with the physician to be here early. I have been in the hospital since Saturday which is, in part, why we haven't been able to communicate as regularly as we had in the beginning.

I had gone to the ER on Friday initially due to shortness of breath and I didn't want to take a chance going into the weekend with difficulties. They performed x-rays, drew labs, etc. They sent me home with go litely and said have fun. Well, I followed instructions, but by noon on Saturday I was in the worst state of pain in my life. I have birthed and recovered from children and I have had other operations, etc....but this was by far the worst pain ever. We called 911 and away we went. Encountered more tests to reveal that, preliminarily, I was diagnosed with an obstructed bowel.
My thoughts were the cancer had spread to my intestines or the back surgery had damaged the nerves traveling to my stomach. The final diagnosis was a narcotic induced ileus. With all the pain I have been in, the pain meds had slowed my stomach movement down so much that I was unable to digest. This is a Hallelujah moment!!! Why? Think of the alternative.

On yesterday 12/14, I had a colonoscopy (UGH!!! - Somebody should have warned me) which
STOP --HERE IS WHERE YOU STOP SO YOU CAN GET YOUR PRAISE ON
my colon was clear and healthy....HALLELUJAH!!!!

And so......
my staples have been removed from my back surgery and the incision site looks good ---- PRAISE GOD
colonoscopy clear ----PRAISE GOD
I will start radiation today (I will have 10 treatments) ---- Give HIM the PRAISE
I will receive my first infusion of ZOMETA (drug to strengthen my bones) ----PRAISE GOD
I will be free to start my physical therapy (today or tomorrow) ---- PRAISE GOD
AND...I'm going home to be with my family who I miss immensely.

I'm giving God the praise for each step of the way. No matter how big or small, you have to praise Him along the way. If you just sit up and wait for the ultimate "blessing" then you miss out on opportunities and lessons He has for you. When you don't praise ALONG the way, its the same as saying to God "That's good God but I'm still waiting on..." So if you not gonna praise Him along the way, the blessing that he is preparing for you, which by the way you are not ENTITLED to, may never become a reality.

Today is a good day and I am very positive; it's a beautiful day, I am encouraged and excited to facilitate the healing.

Love.....

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your journey. I am encouraged by your faith and rejoicing to see the Holy Spirit transforming and renewing you from "glory to glory" into the image of Christ(2Cor 4:16-18; 2Cor 3:18) Darrell and I continue in prayer for you, Mike and the girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GOD IS GOOOOOOOOD....ALLLLL the TIME!!!! I am so happy for your recovery, progress & above all your inspirational faith to all reading!!! It has taken me some time to log on, NO EXCUSES, but I do look forward to catching up on your journey and continuing to pray with you all along the way!!! Until tommorrow....

    He is an AWESOME GOD...

    xoxoxo...MAURI...xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank God things are getting better I will continue to follow your journey and keep in my prayers. Get well soon.

    Love ya,
    Elba

    ReplyDelete