Thursday, December 23, 2010

Thank you so much for asking...

Many people tell us to call them if there is something they can do for us or ask us to call them if we need something. Allow me to just say thank you for extending yourself to aide us. We will call and let you know if we need something. Honestly, we have been so overwhelmed by the generosity of our neighbors, church members (Good Hope Baptist Church), friends, family, Jack and Jill, and Frost Bank (Mike's job).

One day last week, as Mike and I sat together alone holding hands, we both became emotional in our own way just thinking of the generosity of everyone. I don't know if any of you will truly understand how the numerous acts of kindness, bringing dinners and snacks, helping with the children, and many of the responses on the blog, in our emails, and the expressions on voice mail have meant to us. You all have really jolted something in us. As we sat together we said, we haven't done anything great for anyone; we've just been ourselves. We both began to just review our lives and our relationships, and we just pondered and were perplexed on how we are continuing to blessed by so many. Even at Michael's job, it is truly amazing that a corporation could be so extremely supportive of him during this time.

This is what I do know. We try to make sure that our steps are divinely ordered. Whenever we have an issue, we wait. Wait on God to show or reveal to us what we should do. Our favorite saying is "It is what it is". We have resolved that God is in control of our lives as we have given ourselves to Him. If there is a situation we can do something about, we do it; otherwise we wait on God to provide the path we should follow. Mike is very good at reminding me to wait on God because patience is not a virtue I have, unfortunately. At the same time, we try to do right by anybody and everybody; but that's not anything more outstanding than many other people. And so we ponder on how and why people have been so generous towards us. We are truly amazed and in awe; at the same time WE THANK YOU WITH ALL OF OUR HEARTS".

We hope that through this trial, not only are we being blessed but you are being blessed as well. While this physical trial is more than I ever could have bargained for, I believe we were chosen to endure this trial not only for our benefit but for yours too. We are real and regular people, just like you. We are not famous and do not hold titles. We don't have anything named after us and don't come from an affluent blood line. We are just God's children trying to continue to hold up the blood stained banner, go through life wearing the armor of God, and just trying to do right by those we encounter.

Lastly, there are absolutely no words to express our gratitude; you have been amazing. Many people want to know what they can do; there is one thing that everyone can do. Please continue to pray for me and my family. This is not a sprint, this is a marathon. I ask, whether it is everyday or every week, or just one time, please call out out names unto the Lord that He may bless me with a healing, patience, and strength and bless my family with endurance and peace.

Love to you all...

2 comments:

  1. Yolanda....you guys are on my mind CONSTANTLY! You and Mike are such loving and giving people and because you have shown love you are getting love in return! That is why you deserve all that has been shown you in thought act and words. We love you so much and I continue to pray for healing and peace for you, Mike, Kendra and Jaz!
    Love the Chambers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yolanda you have thought me so much throughout your journey and I will always cherish it. I will keep on praying for you and your family during this physical and emotional time. You say you never gave nobody anything but you did you always opened your heart to us and gave us a chance. God will continue to bless you and your family. Thank you for all you thought me and for the opportunity you gave me you will stay forever in my heart and soul.

    Love ya,
    Elba

    ReplyDelete