Monday, November 22, 2010

Day 4

Hello everyone! Day 3 has passed and day 4 is almost at its end. Yolanda has had a couple of good days.  She is still trying to adjust to her new limits and what she can and can't do, for now.  She is learning how to pace herself.  If you know Yolanda, you know how difficult that is for her.

Having family at the house has been wonderful.  My cousin and her husband also drove over from Austin, TX.  My mother and three of my aunts cooked up a storm.  Wow, was the food and fellowship awesome.  We had candied yams, collard greens, old fashion corn bread and I BB&Q some Elgin sausage and baby back ribs.  My mother made her world famous banana pudding (that didn't survive the day) and we had a great time watching the Cowboys beat up the Lions.

As for me (Yolanda), the fellowship was wonderful because this part of the family hasn't visited in years. As always comments are always made that its ashame that it takes times such as these, death and weddings, to bring family together. Let me just tell you how awesome God is: Since my mother nor I have the endurance to cook for Thanksgiving, I was about to order a Luby's Thanksgiving dinner. Later I find out that someone has stepped up to the plate and is preparing an entire meal. What?!

Until I understand it any differently, I still do not know why I am going through this, but I am learning  and experiencing a lot as I go through. I have been reading Hebrews 11 and Job, as a start. I may not be having ALL of the troubles of Job, but let me tell that when you going through a storm such as this, it feels like you can understand Job's plight. What I do know is that in going through trials such as these, its not a personal journey but it is meant to be shared, you will come out victorius and stronger, and you will learn something about yourself that you didn't even know.

Here's is one quick point I want to share that I have learned. People will TELL you they love you and they can say they will PRAY for you. But, it is the EXPRESSION of it that means more than the words. So when people have come to our house, stopped us in the hallway, pulled us into a room, called on the phone, etc and actually prayed that was an expression. When people do things for you, even as simple as reading and posting encouraging words, bringing meals, taking care of girls, running errands, etc those are all expressions. God could have finished the bible in one page and said "I love all of you", but He didn't! He gave us instructions on how to love, showed us what love looked like, and gave examples throughout.

My next appointment is Wednesday at 1:40 where we will learn of the treatment plan and when that will start. We will continue to remain positive and uplifted because this is probably just the beginning of the stretch of the journey.

As for visitation, we are still requesting that it be somewhat limited but please began to stop by with notice. Soon you will be hearing from the girls and I personally can't wait myself to read what they have to say. This is a family affair...all the way

2 comments:

  1. Yolanda and Mike, I wanted to let both of you know that I admire your strength, faith and courage. I go to bed with you all on my mind and wake up with the same. I am praying for the both of you as well as for the girls. Stay stong and may God bless you with his comfort and peace. We love you all, the Wilson Family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your story. I am just now reading all the posts and getting up to speed. I am actively praying for you, and holding you in the light. Guys, please let me know if there is absolutely anything I can do. You are an amazing couple. Your walk is a shining example for the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete