Friday, November 19, 2010

The journey has begun officially. Yolanda went into surgery this morning (11/19/10) around 6:45am. The doctor told us that the procedure should last approximately two hours. Dr. Kim plans to take samples and remove as much of the visible tumor as possible. He also told us that this is not the major cancer surgery. That surgery will be after they receive the full pathology report. They want to fully understand what type of cancer she has and develop the most effective treatment plan. There will be NO VISITATION today! I need my wife to rest and recover. I sincerely hope you all can understand. My main focus now is protecting and caring for Yolanda. She sends her love to all of you. Please continue to lift her up in prayer! I will post regular updates. Have a blessed day.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I am new to Houston (from Cols, OH) and lost my oldest sister and best friend Jackie Sue to lung cancer on January 1, 2009 (she had breast cancer 4 yrs prior). I also have an 88 yr mother who had a mastectomy on both breasts in 1978 but she's still with me, thank you Lord. I heard Yolanda's husband Michael on the radio this morning talking about his beautiful wife and cancer walk tomorrow morning. I planned to work out anyway so now I will join the walk and make a contribution to help find a cure for this monster disease. God bless the Williams family. It's been over 4 years and I still miss my sister/BFF like crazy but it does get better.

    ReplyDelete