Thursday, November 18, 2010

If someone had asked me any day before June 29, 2010 how would I react if I were diagnosed with breast cancer, my response would have been "God knows me and He wouldn't put more on me than I could handle." Well, needless to say I was diagnosed with breast cancer on June 29, 2010 and on July 29, 2010 I underwent a mastectomy. I am very grateful that God knows me better than I know myself. I went into surgery with the feeling of already being healed although the cancer had not yet been removed. Recovery was difficult, but with the help of friends, my church family and family, I was able to make it through that arduous process. I thank God for praying husband, children and mother. I thank God for His infinite wisdom, tender mercies, and the power of intercessery prayer.
If you had asked me in July 2010, how would I react or what would I say if I were diagnosed with cancer again, I would most definately say I don't think I could survive that again. Well, on November 16, 2010 I was diagnosed with a tumor (suspected cancer) on my spine. I am now in a upper body brace. I am scheduled for surgery tomorrow to biopsy and remove as much of the tumor as possible. I already know I have the support of my "sisters and brothers in Christ" who have supported me and my family in the past and are stepping up yet again.
Please pray for me and my family as we start this journey.

4 comments:

  1. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
    What then shall we say to these things? If God is fo us, who is against us?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pray for you and I'm very thankful that you are courageous enough to share your journey! Please know that we are the "watchman on the walls" always interceeding on your behalf! Luv you

    1 Chronicles 16:11 Look to the LORD and his strenght: seek his face always.

    Agape!
    Tonya Fontenot

    ReplyDelete
  3. IT IS MY BELIEVE THAT OUR LORD GOD WILL HEAL YOU COMPLETELY. HE IS THE GREAT AND MIGHTY HEALER AND OUR PHYSICIAN.BY HIS STRIPES WE WERE HEALED.YOUR CASE WILL BE A TESTIMONY.

    EDET ONONOKPONO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Yolanda,
    I just came to know about your sickness today. I know it is hard, but the Grace of the lord is sufficient for you to go through this.Your creator is wonderful and he never makes any mistake or nothing happens accidently through him. Each of your days are ordained before one of them came to you. Be courageous and Let God's perfect will be manifested in your life. We pray for your fly. Thank God for your wonderful husband and kids. May God bless you and renew your strength....

    ReplyDelete