Wednesday, November 24, 2010

We didn't forget!!! Day 5

Yesterday was pretty eventful in that we had several visits yesterday. While I thoroughly enjoyed them all, I was wiped out by night time. I love reading the comments and receiving the calls and well wishes.

I KNOW without a shadow of a doubt our family is being lifted up in prayer. I can honestly say, and I made this comment when I was going through my original bout with cancer, that prayer is tangible. That's why when you say you are going to pray for someone, be sure you do it because they may really be depending on you. As in my case, there were times and occasionally there still are times, when I can not pray for my self for various reasons.

I will kindly share my weakness with you and that is one of impatience. I retract to my private mental place only to try to understand why this is happening to me, how it is transpiring and how this is surprisingly touching and affecting so many of you. As I visit with you each day, I am learning how my experience is allowing some of you to reflect on your personal, family and spiritual lives. This has truly been a walk through God's word for me, because I am having to rely so much more on what has already been written. He tells us that we will have trials and tribulations; He just doesn't give the details. He tells us that He will see us through any situation; He just doesn't tell us how He will see you through nor How long you will be in the midst of that situation. My personal plight now is just my impatience wanting to know what does the end of this trial look like and how much longer must I endure. As well, am I following the plan according to His will and it is impacting who/what He wants it to impact.

Our family is a very strong unit. However, to all of the married couples who read this (and I will elaborate more on a later posting) it has truly revealed a lot about us as individuals to each other (the couple) and has made us reflect on vows that we took 18 years ago. We are regarding them more as the covenant made with God, as they are intended to be, rather than just vows spoken at a beautiful ceremony.

Today is a big day because we go see the oncologist at 1:40. We will learn the results of the spinal tumor as well as the next steps and the treatment plan. As you are already doing, just continue to pray for us especially during that time. Please know that prayer, for me, is a 2-way street, and I am praying for you.

Yolanda

2 comments:

  1. Yolanda, when I first met you when we were serving in "The Vue" and we began to talk, I could tell then that we had a kindred spirit. Thank you for allowing me to walk with you through your journey. I stand in the gap for you and your family, trusting and believing our God will be with you and your family every step of the way. I don't know your husband, but I can tell he is a man after God's own heart, taking care of you as Christ takes care of his church. We need to see more of the picture of unity between husband and wife, and not give up when times get hard. I praise God for your faith and humility by being transparent. Once we learn to move from our comfort zones, I think God it allow God-works to be manifested in our lives. One scripture I am encouraged by is Ephesians 3 -- 20 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, 21 Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen. Please be comforted by the powerful word of God. Yolanda, in one of your messages you said you were reading Hebrews 11 and the book of Job. I decided to read and walk with you through these scriptures. I hope I will be able to come visit you, and we can rejoice in the word of God together. Please know that I'm praying for you and your family. To God be the glory for the things he has done, as well for the things He will do. Again, thank you my sister for encouraging me through your walk with our Savior and Lord. Lena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yolanda, thinking of you and your family. Asking God to bless you today and always! Priscilla

    ReplyDelete