Sunday, January 23, 2011

Family Reunion

I won't be long. I just wanted to say I went to a family reunion today and it was just wonderful. When you stay away from family too long, you miss them! The best part about family reunions are when people tell you how well you look and how they have missed you, and of course you expressing the same.

You might ask who's having a family reunion on a Sunday in January? I did when I went to church today!!! I saw my brothers and my sisters, the elders of my family, "uncles and aunts". I just enjoyed seeing everyone. Not to mention the singing was AWESOME and the message was GREAT!

Everybody told me how nice I looked...but, to my church family.... YOU ALL LOOKED FABULOUS and were a site for sore eyes (mine). I love you Good Hope family and you have been truly missed.

When I got home today, a most wonderful gift had been dropped off by 2 sisters from an organization I am in, Jack and Jill. While most of the women in this organization are my neighbors they are also my sisters.

They have been on this journey with me the entire time, much like my church family. They have provided food for us, some have taken the kids out, decorated our home during the holidays, comforted us with phone calls, cards, and visits. They have been there for us without us asking for one thing.  The Jack and Jill fathers have been calling and checking on my husband.  We truly feel the love!! 

To my Jack and Jill sisters and their families... This is what family is all about. I thank you so much for being led, whether spiritually, emotionally, or otherwise to show your love and support for us.

Yolanda

1 comment:

  1. We also enjoyed seeing our dear Sister at the family reunion! You keep on pushing and we'll keep on praying. With Love from the Fontenot's

    ReplyDelete