Wednesday, January 5, 2011

First Day of Chemo done!!!

After we (Mike and I) visited with the Oncologist this morning, we went to the infusion suite. A gentleman, there to take my vital signs and settle us in, asked me if I was nervous or anxious. I responded with a nod in the negative. I was not scared, anxious, worried or any other adjective that would describe a lack of faith in God.

Actually, I was excited and had been long awaiting this day. I knew this was the beginning of prayerfully the last treatment that would improve my health status. I just felt good today. What the young man didn't realize was that I am relying on the word of God more than ever to see me through this journey. Matthew 6: 25-34 has already proven to me that there is really no reason to worry or be anxious because my God will take care of my needs (prayerfully my wants coincide with His will as well). Any ill productive thing that could happen would more than likely interfere with God's plan. Look... If I worry myself to the point of not eating and my nutritional status deteriorates, or if I worry to the point that my vital signs are abnormal, they may not start the chemo. I NEED the chemo to get through the JOURNEY!!! We have trusted His omnipotence to carry us through this journey thus far, and we will trust Him to carry us through to the end.

All in all, today went very well!! I feel good and I feel like I'm on utopia. Now I know this is a temporary feeling and the side effects will probably kick in at some time during the course and my days may not be as "great". But today, I will enjoy! Thanks for praying for me because I know that God is truly acknowleding the prayers of believers. I pray that I will be the evidence of intercessory and persistent prayer.

Can't leave you without a funny... The nurse practitioner did come to tell us that I would loose my hair, which I kind of already knew, but she just confirmed it. I have already prepared the girls and they of course have weighed in, but we joke as to whether I will be an ethnocentric bald sistah or a Sasha Fierce (lol). She gave me names of places the provide hats, wigs, etc. Y'all, you know Mike was with me. Why did he have to weigh in....He tells the lady he is barber (NOT!) and that he's just gonna shave it all off and make sure its clean...(WHAT!). Lord help!

Thanks and love you!!!

2 comments:

  1. That truly sounds like a Michael comment! Yolanda after that doctor told you after the firt surgery that you couldn't use your walker, we got a laugh out of Michael coming to the bank and telling us that he hid it from you and he was going to be your personal at home physical therapist. I pray that God continues to give you and your family strength as you continue on through this journey and keep writing, it is touching hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really admire you for going this far keep the faith and we will keep praying for you and your family.

    God bless you,
    Elba

    ReplyDelete