Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The battle is not over

We still must fight and pray to win this race. I thank God most of all for knowing Him as my supreme father and He knowing me as his daughter. I thank Him as well for having not only all of you praying for me but also those who have your friends, church & family members and ...etc (people who don't even know me personally) praying for me. I believe that the prayers of the believers will prevail. In all of your prayers I know that we are praying for a miracle and my complete recovery and that would be for my physical body, but I ask that you also pray for a healing of my spiritual body, faith and confidence.  I would also ask that you pray for God's will to be manifested through this trial.  I know that this is only a test and to God be all the glory and honor, but I must admit I am somewhat concerned!

The last two days have been extremely difficult. Monday I woke up with tingling sensation down the entire right side of my body. By midday I needed assistance to walk. Later that afternoon, the pain in my body became excruciating and the weakness had also increased. My oncologist began to order more at home narcotics and anti flammatory drugs. Nothing was working. I even had my mother touching, rubbing me. She talked to me coaching me through extreme pain spasms and it was not working. Finally, I was admitted to the hospital through the ER and was started on a heavier intravenous narcotics. This was one of those times anybody would vote "Yes" on the California bill legalizing medicinal marijuana (smile).

The plan for Tuesday was for me to get an MRI and CT mapping to outline the shape of the tumor for radiation (which was to begin on Wednesday). After the MRI the doctors discovered that the tumor was actually growing at a relatively fast rate and was larger then what it was almost two weeks ago when Dr. Kim went in for the biopsy. It is now pressing significantly on my spinal cord which is causing the numbness. The mapping for tumor was canceled and my cancer team thought it more urgent to remove as much of the visible tumor as possible instead of radiation as the first option.  Therefore, I will be going into surgery first thing Wednesday. For now, tentatively radiation will follow the surgery in approximately two weeks. This of course is not the direction we thought we were headed but I will play the hand that I was dealt.

I will be candid with you all, while I am still strong and faithful in God I am human and truly perplexed by this whole ordeal.  I continue to say to myself that God will not place more on me than I can handle; I will continue to stand strong on his word; I continue to rely on his holy scriptures, like Mathew 6:25-34 - that tells me not worry;  I continue to believe God will supply all of my needs; I continue to believe that his WILL will serve a greater purpose than my will - but sometimes its hard to understand not just the "why" but it is even more difficult to grasp the "how" (you are going to make it through)."  The toll that this one ordeal has on me also effects my family, friends and others that are close to me.  This news today was like a bump in the road and so for awhile today I was weakened.  Please pray for my strength and continued courage to fight the good fight.  I read Galatians 5:22-23 several times today.  I understand why it is call the "Fruit of the Spirit" and not the "Fruits of the Spirit" - I need all of the Fruit (love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control) to make it through this journey.  The Fruit is all inclusive and is visible evidence of living a true Christian life. 

Thank you so very much to all of you for praying for me and my family.  I need you all to know that I say a special prayer every day.  I ask God to bless each of you and that you receive God's fullest blessings upon your life.  Thank everyone for joining me in this battle.  As my pastor (Rev. D.Z. Cofield) says "if you see a good fight you ought to get in it".  I would not be able to make this journey alone.  With the help, support and encouragement of my husband, family, christian family and prayer warriors like you guys I am confident that I will be able to keep my head up and endure the trials alone this journey.

Pray my strength in the Lord and may God continue to bless you all!

9 comments:

  1. Yolanda, I wanted to let you know that Im thinking about you and Im Thanking God right now for the healing he's in the process of placing on your body...I LOVE YOU AND I WILL BE IN CONTINOUS PRAYER FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yolanda, I am praying for you regularly! God is such an awesome and powerful God! We love you so much!! His strength is truly shining through you! Be encouraged.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "In the Mighty Name of Jesus, I pray for all things to go well during Yolanda's surgery. God, we know you're a healer, a provider, and the God of peace. Please work a mighty miracle and HEAL Yolanda. Please PROVIDE medical personnel clarity and discernment in their precision as they are guided by you. Pleae give Yolanda's family PEACE and total dependence on you while they await the outcome of the surgery. Thank You, Lord for Your presence in their lives. Thank You for the love that permeates throughout this family, their friends & extended "cyber family". Thank You, in advance, for answering this prayer. I pray that our will is Your will. Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. In the mighty Name of Jesus, Amen."
    Stelena Hooper Evans

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am praying for you always. I love you and your family. I pray that God gives you and your family the comfort, peace, courage and strength you need during this time and always. I know during these trials your faith has been tested and your dependence on Him has been increased. I pray that God guides the minds, hears and hands of the physicians, nurses and staff who minister you so that your body, mind and spirit may be restored and healed. Jeremiah 29:11-13
    Shalandra Jones

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yolanda,

    we are here for you in flesh and in spirit.. God is in control and will be by yourside. Keep the faith and we will continue to pray with you and for everyone in your family to remain faithful and strong.. This is a test that you will pass. With much love Anna and Zeb...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yolanda & Mike,
    We are in deep prayer for you and the girls now in the midst of the surgery and we will continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers. We will also stay in prayer for the medical team and anyone who has been assigned to assist or come in contact with Yolanda in any way outside of surgery. Also, know that the girls can come over at ANYTIME they want to or need to and spend time with Maya and Milan.

    The scriptures that come to mind are :
    2 Chron 20 5-9, 14-22

    Acts 12 5-11
    - several weeks ago, Pastor Cosby talked about how in this situation with Peter, things could not be any worse for Peter when you looked at it from the facts. He must have repeated the facts about 10 - 15 times to stress the point. He kept repeating what had already happened to James, Peter was now scheduled for trial the next day, he was bound in chains, and sleeping between two guards !
    - He then stressed that regardless of the facts, the church was earnestly praying for him.
    - He then pointed out how strong Peter's faith in God must have been because he was 'sleeping' between the two guards in the midst of all of this
    - He then pointed out how heavy he must have been sleeping because when the angel came to rescue him - he had to strike him in the side to wake him up !
    - He then pointed out that regardless of all of the facts and what we see and are told, in the spiritual realm it didn't matter because the Lord sent an angel to rescue Peter and in verse 11 Peter was free and he knew for certain that it was the Lord's doing.

    We are here for you, Cindy and Ron

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yolanda my friend....

    You are in my prayers always. God has given you so much strength to go through the TEST he has put before you and to come out victorious. By his stripes you are victorious.

    Sending much love to you and your family.

    Paula Williams Sauceda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yolanda and Mike,

    Jeremiah 29: 11 'For I know what I have planned for you', says the Lord. 'I have plans to prosper you, not to harm you. I have plans to give you a future filled with hope.'

    Psalm 20:1-2,4-5 'May the Lord answer you when you are in trouble; may the God of Jacob make you secure! May He send you help from His sanctuary;
    from Zion may He give you support !'
    'May He grant your heart's desire; may He bring all your plans to pass !'
    'Then we will shout for joy over your victory; we will rejoice in the name of our God ! May the Lord grant all of your requests'

    Psalm 3:3 'But you, Lord are a shield that protects Yolanda; you are her glory and the one who restores her.'

    Psalm 5: 'Certainly you reward the godly, Lord.
    Like a shield you protect them in your good favor.

    Psalm 16: 'Lord, you give me stability and prosperity; you make my future secure. I will praise the Lord who guide me; yes during the night I reflect and learn. I constantly trust in the Lord, because He is at my right hand,
    I will not be upended. So my hear rejoices and I am happy; My life is safe. You will lead me in the path of life; I experience absolute joy in your presence; you always give me sheer delight.

    Psalm 18

    Pslam 23 : 'The Lord is Yolanda's shepherd, she lacks nothing. He takes her to lush pastures and leads her to refreshing (healing) waters. The Lord restores Yolanda's strength. He leads her down the right path for the sake of his reputation. Even when she must walk through the darkest valley, she will fear no danger (she will have courage and strength), for the Lord is with Yolanda; His rod and his staff reassures her (and protects her). You prepare a feast for Yoland in the midst of this disease. You refresh her head with oil; her cup is completely full (of love, of peace, of hope, of faith, of confidence, of health and healing). Surely your goodness and faithfulness Lord will pursue Yolanda all of her days and years to come, and she will live in the Lord's house for the rest of her life.

    Psalm 31:2-5 'Listen to me ! Quickly deliver me! be my protector and refuge, a stronghold where I can be safe! For you are my high ridge and my stronghold; for the sake of your own reputation You lead me and guide me. You will free me from the net they hid for me, for you are my place of refuge. Into your hand I entrust my life; you will rescue me, O Lord, the faithful God.

    Psalm 34:7-8,19-20 - The Lord's angel camps around the Lord's loyal followers and delivers them. Taste and see that the Lord is good ! How bless is the one who takes shelter in Him!
    The godly face many dangers, but the Lord saves them from each one of them. He protects all her bones; not one of them is broken.

    Psalm 40 : Yolanda relies completely on the Lord, and He turns toward her and hears her cry for help. He lifts her out of distress and He places her feet on a rock and gives her secure footing. He will give Yolanda a reason to sing a new song, praising our god. May many see what God has done, so that they might swear allegiance to Him and trust the Lord ! How blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord !
    O Lord, our God, you have accomplished many things, you have done amazing things and carried out your purposes for Yolanda. No one can thwart you ! We want to declare them and talk about them, but they are too numerous to recount !

    Psalm 46:1,7 'God is our strong refuge; He is truly our helper in times of trouble. For this reason we do not fear when the earth shakes, and the mountains tumble into the depths of the sea, when it waves crash and foam, and the mountains shake before the surging sea. The Lord who commands aremies is on Yolanda's side! The God of Jacob is her protector !

    ReplyDelete