Sunday, December 12, 2010

Update

I will start with the good news, Yolanda is doing fine and resting in the hospital. Now let me catch you all up.

Yolanda has been experiencing severe abdomanal pain over the past week or so. On Friday evening her breathing was constricted and a family friend brought her to the ER. After they gave her something for the pain and took some e-rays, we were released around 1am. We woke up to a true miracle Saturday.....Yolanda was able to WALK WITHOUT ASSISTANCE since in over a month. What a blessing!!

We were on our way to having a great day, but we hit another stumbling block. Yolanda's stomach pain return with no sign of releif in sight. We came back to the ER and they admitted her to relieve the pain. As I said at the outset, Yolanda is resting and feeling better at this point. As always your continued and prayers and positive comments are most welcomed and appreciated.

5 comments:

  1. I am so glad to hear Yolanda had an early Christmas present " The Gift of Walking"!!! You are in our thoughts and prayers for the continued progress on your pain. We are appreciating and understanding our marriage more now because of your sharing.

    Davida and Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes me smile to know that you are walking, dear. Keep it up! I am baking up a storm today. I am trying to send a little something to my family during the holidays. Makes me appreciate just how hard my late Grandmother worked to make all that cake and candy for us back in the day.
    Be strong and know that you are loved
    Always,
    JoNell

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know in time you will be yourself again Yolanda we will keep praying for you.

    Love ya,
    Elba

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just became aware of Yolanda's journey; we will keep the family lifted in prayer! Isn't it great to know God is still in the miracle-working business! In all seasons, God is good!!!

    Anella and Kenneth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yolanda I have prayed for you, your family, and your recovery. I was very scared to post anything or say anything because I don't know what to say, but I found the words today. Thank you! You have been the inspiration to me to get back in school and take care of my business. When I first meet you and saw all your accomplishments it made me want to achieve more. I am grateful to have met you and I hope that my past has not disappointed you too much. I am growing and searching for what God wants me to accomplish for his kingdom and I owe that to you! You never know when someone is watching, and you are an example that many should follow. You are a description of strength, beauty, brains, and wisdom. I can only aspire to be as great.

    Love, Kathleen

    ReplyDelete